Home Dehradun Garment shop in Paltan Bazaar gutted in fire

Garment shop in Paltan Bazaar gutted in fire

484
0
SHARE

By OUR STAFF REPORTER

Dehradun, 25 Apr: A fire broke out in a double-storey garment shop in Paltan Bazaar shortly after midnight, yesterday, police said on Thursday.

All the garments kept inside the Omjee Wools Shop and its godown were completely gutted. Immediately after getting the information, a couple of fire tenders were pressed into service, which extinguished the fire within 3-4 hours.

However, no one received any injury in the fire, said Vansh Bahadur Yadav, Chief Fire Officer, Dehradun.

Police said a short-circuit appeared to be the reason behind the fire. An assessment is being made about the loss of goods in the fire.

Earlier, a big fire broke out in a foam and mattress godown at Chunabhatta locality in Dehradun on Monday.

The fire which broke out in the afternoon was brought under control only after 3-4 hours with the fire service pressing 8-10 fire tenders to extinguish it.

Preliminary inquiries revealed that short-circuit could be the cause behind the fire which occurred due to the overloading of the electricity system.

Commenting on the two incidents, Yadav appealed to all the people to check the electricity systems at home and business establishments as such fire incidents occur during the summer season. The sources said nearly 80 forest fire incidents have also occurred in Dehradun in the month of April, which were minor ones.