Home Dehradun SOP for Char Dham Yatra amended

SOP for Char Dham Yatra amended

93
0
SHARE

By OUR STAFF REPORTER

DEHRADUN, 25 Sep: Following the orders of the Nainital High Court in this regard, the Religious Affairs Department of the Government of Uttarakhand has fixed the number of pilgrims for Chardham Yatra 2021. However, in view of some practical difficulties, Harichandra Semwal, Secretary, Religious Affairs has issued a new order amending the existing SOP. As per the amended order issued today, in place of the registered pilgrims who are not reaching Uttarakhand Chardham on the scheduled date, other registered pilgrims will be able to go to Chardham in their place for the darshan. first secretary in India’s UN Mission, said on Friday. “Pakistan nurtures terrorists in their backyard in the hope that they will only harm their neighbours. Our region, and in fact the entire world, has suffered because of their policies,” she said. The morning after, Modi closed it out. “These countries must understand that terrorism is an equally big threat to them. Also, it is absolutely essential to ensure that Afghanistan’s territory is not used to spread terrorism or for terrorist attacks,” Modi said in the tail end of his address, which kicked off the weekend programming at the UNGA. “We also need to be alert and ensure that no country tries to take advantage of the delicate situation there, and use it as a tool for their own selfish interests. At this time, the women and children of Afghanistan, the minorities of Afghanistan, need help. And we must fulfil our duty by providing them with this help,” Modi said. Earlier this week in a joint statement, Quad leaders Modi, Scott Morrison of Australia and Yoshihide Suga of Japan and US President Joe Biden slammed terrorist proxies and cross-border attacks, without naming Pakistan or China. This messaging comes soon after US withdrawal from Afghanistan and amid the deepening mistrust between the US and Pakistan, which remains important to US intelligence because of its proximity to Taliban leaders now in charge of the war-torn nation. Dhami pays an unscheduled visit at residence of Yashpal Arya According to the SOP, 1000 pilgrims for Badrinath Dham, 800 for Kedarnath, 600 for Gangotri and 400 for Yamunotri can reach all the four Dhams daily. The government says that in the Chardham Yatra, which started from September 18, fewer devotees are reaching the Devasthanam Board’s website www.devasthanam.uk.gov.in every day than among the registered pilgrims. So now this number has been fixed. According to the new order, the registered pilgrims who are not reaching Uttarakhand Chardham on the scheduled date, in their place other registered pilgrims will be able to go to Chardham for darshan.

Pilgrims are cancelling the journey as they are not being able to register for Darshan. On the instructions of the High Court, the Chardham Yatra has of course been started by the state government and the government. But due to the fixed number of pilgrims in the four dhams by the government, for the Char Dham Yatra every day, it not a big relief for the tour operators and many other associated with the Yatra. Due to non-registration for Char Dham Yatra, pilgrims from other states are cancelling their booking not only of trains but also of taxis and buses booked from Rishikesh, Haridwar and Dehradun.