Home Dehradun Dhami urges Shekhawat to grant early financial approval for Lakhwar Hydro Project

Dhami urges Shekhawat to grant early financial approval for Lakhwar Hydro Project

341
0
SHARE

By Our Staff Reporter

Dehradun, 11 Aug: Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami called on Union Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat in New Delhi, today. The Chief Minister requested the Government of India to provide financial approval for the Lakhwar Multipurpose Hydro Project and for a revised MoU for the Kisau Hydro Project. The Union Jal Shakti Minister assured him that financial approval would be given soon by the GoI for the Lakhwar project. He added that a joint meeting of the states concerned would be held soon regarding the Kisau project.
The Union Minister also assured a revised MoU of the Kisau project. It was also decided that Minister Shekhawat and Chief Minister Dhami would soon conduct a joint review of the Jal Jeevan Mission in Uttarakhand.
Dhami urged Shekhawat to approve relaxations in the eligibility norms for the hill states under PMKSY – Har Khet Ko Pani Yojana. He also asked Shekhawat to approve 422 minor irrigation schemes under the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana – “Har Khet Ko Pani”.
The Chief Minister, while discussing the 300 MW Lakhwar multipurpose project on Yamuna River in Dehradun district, said that all the necessary approvals had been received for its construction and as soon as the approval from the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, Government of India, was accorded for financial assistance and the central grant, the construction could be started.
It is worth mentioning that the technical approval for the Lakhwad Multipurpose Project (300 MW) was issued by the Union Ministry of Water Resources on 3 January, 2013, and investment approval granted in April 2016. Under the investment approval issued by the Government of India, out of the total estimated cost of the project of Rs 5747.17 crore, the water component of Rs 4673.01 crore (81.30%) is to be financed by the Government of India in the ratio of 90:10 and the remaining Rs 1074.00 crore (18.70%), which is the energy component, will be financed by the Uttarakhand Government.
While discussing the Kisau project, the Chief Minister said that the electricity component cost and water component cost of the project should be fixed at 13.3 percent and 86.7 percent, respectively, in future relative to the total revised cost of the project. Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh ought to be permitted to use their watersheds without any limit and to sell the unutilised waters, if any, of their watersheds to any state. The water share allotted by the Upper Yamuna River Board to the state of Uttarakhand in the past also ought not to be less than 3.814 percent. The Chief Minister requested the Union Minister to take necessary action regarding the signing of the Inter-State MoU with the above amendments to speed up the implementation of the Kisau Multipurpose Dam Project.